seamen

20 January 2009

stairway to food stamps

i sold my books and cd's for bus fare. the other day at the market i thought about getting white rice avocado rolls instead of brown rice to save $0.50. others than the black peacoat my dad sponsored for me b/c my old one belonged to a dead woman, i haven't purchased new or old clothing for 6 months. i've been cutting my own hair with an apron and hand-held mirror in the garage. i thought about pawning off my gym membership. i even thought about cancelling my netflix subscription.

the ultimate indication of complete self-negligence due to extreme poverty: i stopped going to the farmer's market and i now buy groceries from the chinese store for $0.69/lb. this may not seem extreme to you but i'd give up shelter first before good food.

No comments: